Tuesday 17 February 2015

Meet your 2015 Committee: Convenors

It's a new year and we have some new faces in our ALIA Sydney Committee team, first up let's meet our convenors Tracey and Kirsty:



Tracey McDonald
Co-Convenor, ALIA Sydney
I have worked in libraries since 2010 and currently work at the Avondale College of Higher Education Library (Sydney Campus). I am a recent graduate of a Bachelor of Information Studies (Librarianship) and current studying for a Masters in Information Studies both through Charles Sturt University. 
My areas of special interest are Copyright, ALIA’s FAIR initiative, Information Literacy and the evolution of the Library and Information profession. 

I’m passionate about advocating for our profession and though my work with ALIA Sydney I have gained valuable skills which has made me a more effective advocate. Serving on the ALIA Sydney committee gives me the opportunity to be part of a team which aims to support and encourage the career aspirations of library and information sector workers.

Kirsty Butler
Co-Convenor, ALIA Sydney

Hiya, I'm Kirsty and I’m one of this year’s ALIA Sydney Convenors! When I'm not helping come up with great professional development ideas with the ALIA Sydney team, I'm studying for my degree and working at UNSW Library.  


I decided to join ALIA Sydney after attending one of events and meeting some of the lovely committee members at the time. While I work in an academic library, my heart is in special libraries and I want to make sure that the special's voice is heard when it comes to professional development.
Hope to see you at one of our events this year. We have some great events planned!





You can reach us, and the rest of the committee at aliasydneygroup@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment